Process Automation DCS/PCS
- Process Automation DCS/PCS
- Functional Specifications S88.01
- DCS/PCS Implementation
- Batch Control
- Emergency Shut Down Systems (ESD)
- System Migration, Replacement
- System Integration
- CPM (Controller Performance Management)
- Validation of Process Control Systems GAMP 5
- Alarm Management
- Maintenance Support/Extension
In the field of process automation SpiraTec configures and delivers all major operating systems as well as programming fail safe-control systems. Great importance is attached to structured “maintainable” software based on internationally recognised programming standards. Our strengths include the professional structuring of both basic and technical functions as well as batch package configuration.
The central automation system is enhanced by comprehensive hardware engineering:
From the field device via remote-I/Os and the electric control cabinet equipping complete measurement stations.
This service module is the interface to process engineering. With our process expertise and experience in chemical, petrochemical and biopharmaceutical industries, we can thoroughly document the processes in software structures according to ANSI/ISA-88.01. The resulting function specifications are the guidelines to develop distributed control system/process control system software.
- Communication interface to process engineering
- Support in process engineering (process descriptions based on P&ID´s)
- Using powerful tools for creating function charts
- Module and typical specifications
- Version control/management
- Structuring of functional specifications according to IEC61512-1 (ANSI/ISA-88.01)
- Continuous Function Charts (CFC)
- Phases/Sequence Function Charts (SFC)
- Unit Procedures
The specification, installation and configuration of distributed control systems (DCS)/process control systems (PCS) from different suppliers is one of our core businesses.
- Engineering, installation and configuration of DCS/PCS systems of different suppliers
- Functional Specification DCS/PCS
- Creating software typicals/templates
- Procurement and installation of the DCS/PCS hardware
- DCS/PCS configuration
- Implementation of control modules/continuous function charts (CFC)
- Advanced Process Control (APC)
- Implementation of the phases/sequence function charts (SFC)
- Process visualization, process graphics/displays
- Creating reports/logs
- Interface (Modbus, Profibus, etc.)
- Internal test, FAT, SIT, SAT, loop check
- System start-up, Commissioning
- Training of operational staff and maintenance staff
- Delivery and assembly of DCS/PCS components including network
For the operation of batch manufacturing plants, batch systems have become well established. Interacting with the DCS/PCS, the batch system is the leading component for batch processes.
- Engineering, installation and configuration of Batch systems of different DCS/PCS suppliers
- Batch server installation
- Basic configuration of the batch system
- Configuration of recipe elements (ANSI/ISA-88.01)
- Creating batch reports (user-specific adaption)
- Establish the interface to ERP/MES/PIMS)
Fail-safe control is particularly vital in the chemical and petrochemical industries where fail-safe controls are often deployed using safety PLCs. SpiraTec's expertise in the installation and configuration of fail-safe controls of the different suppliers helps us stand out from the rest.
- Installation and configuration of Emergency-Shutdown-Systems of different suppliers
- Discussing fail-safe technology with the client
- Safety classification - Safety Integrity Level (SIL)
- Determining the hardware
- Procurement and installation
- Software development
- Creating test protocols
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Maintenance staff training
- Assembly and start-up
Taking the total life cycle of a processing plant into consideration, it is often necessary to migrate or replace existing and/or obsolete control systems. These migrations or replacements require careful conception and planning in order to minimize downtime and risks. In addition to interdisciplinary planning, profound knowledge of the obsolete system to be replaced is essential.
- System integration to higher-level systems, such as ERP (level4) systems, MES, PIMS (level3), etc.
- Interface design (PLI)
- Integration via OPC, OLE, ODBC, API, etc.
- System integration to lower-level systems, such as package units with or without individual controller
- Connection via Modbus, Profibus, Fieldbus, etc.
- Visualization and reporting
- Control via DCS/PCS
- Batch system integration
- System integration of emergency shut down (ESD) - fail-safe controls
- Integration of mobile equipment
Controller Performance Management starts with optimisation of the Standard PID controller and is a multi-tiered approach, from analysis to control system optimisation or process engineering. SpiraTec offers the following services:
- System selection and introduction
- Procurement and implementation
- Operational support, supervision and training
- Implementation of controller optimisation with operating personnel and implementation in the control systems
The introduction of powerful, user-friendly integrated APC software (Advanced Process Control) means that these systems are increasingly suitable for everyday use as they are manageable even for introduction in areas, in which they were previously considered too difficult to control in practice.
As a vendor for the regulated industry, we ensure that our clients can meet all legal requirements during all the phases of a project .
We then implement the resulting requirements in close cooperation with our clients.
- Functional specifications
- Risk analysis / risk assessment
- Adjustment with VMP/MVP
- Implementing SOP, implementation guidelines
- Training matrix
- Design specifications
- Test specifications
- Tests, test reports
- Traceability matrix
- FAT, SIT, SAT plans and reports
- Documentation version control /-management etc.
- Support in the process-IQ, -OQ, and -PQ together with process engineering
SpiraTec provides solutions for Manufacturing Operation Management MOM/MES.
We create individually-tailored solutions for projects in MOM/MES environments, whereby existing manufacturing APPs are adapted to the customer's needs.
- Performance management solutions
- Production control stations
- Production-related laboratory data acquisition
- Solutions for supervision/ monitoring of IT system landscapes and IT processes in production
- Role-specific dashboards (for production support, KPI calculation, …)
Feel free to contact us about the services SpiraTec provides in this field.
To ensure smooth and continuous operation in process plants, reliable support, maintenance, and troubleshooting are essential.
For reasons of plant optimization or capacity increase, additional extensions and conversions of existing process plants may have to be carried out.
- Transitional phase from commissioning to operating
- Standby service
- System training / advanced training
- System monitoring
- Extension / Alteration
- Long term mentoring